Does your business have a content marketing strategy? Whether your company is B2B or B2C, having a clearly defined content marketing program can help you reach new clients and retain existing ones.
According to WordStream, B2B content marketing is different than other types of content marketing. It’s the art of using content to expand your business’ audience, strengthen and develop brand affinity, and ultimately drive leads and sales by appealing to other businesses.
Recently, the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) released a research report that examined benchmarks, budgets and trends for technology companies in the B2B space. The study examined how tech companies approached content creation and strategy to help increase revenue and customer volume.
Some of the key takeaways from the survey include:
Content marketing spending should increase this year.
- 58% of technology content marketers expected a budget increase in 2019.
Don’t let SEO become SE-no!
- SEO/search algorithms are the biggest concern for 62% of respondents.
Content needs to resonate with your audience.
- Know who your audience is and how to reach them. Create personas and tailor your content marketing to each audience as needed.
- 68% of tech content marketers shared that creating content that has mass appeal is one of their greatest challenges.
Take down the silos; listen & learn from your peers.
- 80% of respondents used sales team feedback to learn more about client priorities, which in return helped shape the content marketing.
Continue building your audience.
- 82% of technology marketers agree their organization is concerned with creating content that builds loyalty with existing clients/customers.
- Figure out your customer life cycle and create a strategy to engage and retain them.
Presence on social media is imperative.
- Over the last year, 65% of technology content marketers have increased their use of social media for content marketing purposes.
- Understand how your business’ social strategy ladders up to your KPIs.
In addition to applying some of these key takeaways, also consider what type of content is most preferred by brands and agency marketers. Lyfe Marketing shared that the most preferred content marketing information is:
- 87% videos
- 67% blog posts
- 44% slide shows
- 44% articles
- 22% other
Regardless of the platform you choose, it is important to remain focused and relevant while delivering value. You may need to determine via trial and error which content marketing tactics are most effective. Once you have this knowledge, apply it and tweak your content marketing to broaden your connections and deepen existing relationships.